Where to begin.....I've got a lot of thoughts running around in my head but what to blog about. I read several other blogs and am intrigued by the variety of offerings. Some days as I am out and about in Budapest, I think I should list the things that I have only seen in Budapest ( of course, everyone realizes that I'm from Donahue, IA and that is part of the reason, I only see these things in Budapest).
Sprinting for the tram in high heels
Many people of all ages, walking, catching the bus or tram, carrying their grocery bags
Christmas trees on the tram, being carried by the purchaser
Grandmothers pushing babies in strollers or carriages.
Grandmothers getting on trams or buses with little children
Baby strollers with rain covers
Moms with baby bundled next to them with a long scarf
Everyone wears a hat, scarf and gloves
Many women wear boots
Fur coats and fur hats
Little children with their ride -on toys on the sidewalk, and sometimes, getting on the tram with Mom, of course
Everyone carries bags or backpack
Egg cartons with 10 holes
Liter containers of milk
Liter containers of milk
Flour sold in 1 kg. bags
Dogs in restaurants (not seeing eye dogs)
Statues in every park, sometimes more than one
Man bags
Chestnut roasters (during the winter)
Sidewalks made from cement blocks( that way when they have to remove them, they just take out the blocks they need and then replace them when they are done)
cabbage/lettuce like chinese cabbage, only
round
2 comments:
Carol -- the flowers are beautiful!!! To have flowers in the market this time of year.......... my heart skips a beat.
What did you do with the pumpkin? It looked wonderful.
We miss you here.
Love the photos. Veggies are so colorful & enticing. Who knew eating healthy could look so good.
Post a Comment