Friday, October 12, 2012

Things to laugh about



Living in a different environment always presents interesting changes.  My cute kitchen is "fully equipped" for someone who doesn't plan on making more than microwave meals.  I have lovely plates, cups and goblets, but the cups are so small, that my coffee gets cold before I can drink it in two sips.  I've remedied that as I decided I needed a couple more Hungarian mugs in Davenport.  I'm enjoying my coffee a little longer!  I don't have a wooden spoon or a spatula in the drawer, so it makes cooking a little challenging.  Fortunately, the library kitchen is well stocked and I can borrow a few utensils.  Then there's the Hungarian instructions on a package that I realized I had misread, when my soup looked a little thin. 

Then there's the lovely bathroom - really!  It just doesn't function so well.  There's no shower curtain and because the bathroom is tiled completely, I guess it's not really a problem.  But it does make me laugh when trying to shower and not spray the whole bathroom!

Our bedroom and bed are great!  Lots of room and  nice big bed.  I'm happy to report, no problems there.  As is the living room.  We have comfortable furniture and very tasteful decorations.  All in all, we think we really have a great apartment and the things that are different are just enough to make me laugh, not make me crazy.

living room
We went grocery shopping this morning and one thing on the list looked like it was going to keep us from being successful.   We needed garbage bags and we went up and down every aisle, except the one that had pet food in it as we didn't need pet food.  We finished getting what was on the list and tried asking a product demonstrator who had spoken to us in English, though she was not a store worker.  As we walked away from her, I caught sight of foil, etc., and there were garbage bags right next to them.  This was on the other end of the aisle that had all the pet food.  Who knew????  Once again, something to chuckle about!

We have visited some of the restaurants that we enjoyed when we were here several years ago and had some great meals.  We've also tried out some new ones and so far have been pleased with what we have had to eat.  I have to say that our meals out have been much more enjoyable than the cooking that I have done.  I'm not too worried that I'm impacting our health negatively. 

1 comment:

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

So fun to see where you are living. I'm interested in all the details. : ) But I recommend you get rid of the comment verification (captca). Blogger usually catches spam anyway. Just a suggestion from a fellow blogger. : )