Merrill and I have begun a new adventure. The purpose of this blog is to keep those of you who are interested in our journey updated. The adventure began on September 1, when we flew out of DFW headed to Frankfurt, Germany. We arrived in the early morning of September 2. After a 3 hour layover, we continued on to Budapest, Hungary. We were met by Andy and Phyllis Anderson, who set up and have operated the Budapest Christian Library for the past 5 years. They gave us a couple of days to recover from jet lag and get our living space organized. It is interesting to reduce our life to 4 suitcases and 2 storage units (we left those at home).
I can't decide if we have gone back to college and are living in a dorm room or more like newlyweds in our first apartment! The apartment is the library site and we have private quarters within the library. When the library is not open, we can use all of the space. As I look at the kitchen, there is much that reminds me of our first apartment in Iowa City, some 38 years ago. It has an 18 inch gas range, a small table with 2 chairs. The kitchen is furnished but certainly not to the extent of my kitchen at home. In some ways I feel like I am playing house! The kitchen does have a kind of 50's retro feel to it.
We have set hours for the library, and we are closed on Monday and Thursday. The hours vary but we don't open any earlier than 10 am and we are open until 6 pm some evenings. We are also closed on Sunday but there is a group that meets at
4 comments:
Congratulations on your new life experiences. Wayne & I are looking forward to experiencing Budapest through your eyes, words and photos. The new abode looks very inviting and I Love your blog. Wow! It looks so PROFESSIONAL. Holly is a good teacher (chuckle). Thanks for keeping us informed.
...Your Dewitt Family.
Nice to hear form you. Sounds like you are settling in ok.
Ken & Shari Froeschle
Iowa won the football game. 17 to 3.
Ken
Hello Merrill and Carol, I must say, I am really enjoying reading about your daily Budapest life. I find it very interesting and iformative. I'm so proud of you both. Keep up the good work. You are both very inspirational. Your little home looks so cute and cozy. Sounds as if you are truely enjoying it. I like reading about the marketplace. Sounds like someplace I would like to visit my self. I would have to have a car and lots of bags though. Ha Ha.
Well take care. Will be waiting for your next blog. Love in Christ, Lester and Sheila K.
Post a Comment