Thursday, July 2, 2009

Library Keeper



The library has some wonderful children who come to visit and they use the library lovingly and enjoy it. The library enjoys them in return! The other day, Melody and her mother, Marion came by for visit and to return some materials. Marion and I were visiting and so Melody went to find Merrill and asked him to read to her. He was doing a great job of reading and another patron came in, who knows Melody and Marion. She began speaking to Melody and asked,"Is this your grandpa?" To which she replied,"Oh, no! He is the library keeper. He keeps the library safe!" Then she looked at Merrill and said,"Carry on." Her mom is British and her dad American, thus the "carry on" comment. This family is part of YWAM and they are moving to UK to continue working there. We will miss them greatly.

I thought everyone should know that the books are safe at the library, since we have a "library keeper". I'm looking for a monogrammed shirt with that title, so Merrill will be able to have a "security uniform"...maybe a badge would work just as well.

One Saturday recently, a family brought their dog with them to the library. The dog is a rescued dog and is being trained for use as a therapy dog for the elderly. Another family with two girls was at the library at the same time. Abby and Chloe are both animal lovers and they absolutely fell in love with the dog. The dog was so patient and quiet and let the girls love all over him. It was amazing. He should do great as a therapy dog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

Remember when you gave me Molly's address? I was going to send signed bookplates for the books of mine she owns. Could you let me know which books it is she has? That way, I'll know how to sign... You can contact me through my website, www.jillesbaum.com

Thanks!

Kirsten said...

Hmmm, I think I'll sign Rudy up for some therapy dog training, he would do great. hee hee :)

Love the Library Keeper nickname, maybe it's like a Bee Keeper....buzzy bee's busy reading....